TBRCP128 - GO1 students talk about makeup
Presenters: Elizaveta and Isabela
In this show, adult English language students in GO1 class talk about makeup. Elizaveta, from Russia, and Isabela, from Brazil, host the show. They chose the topic, prepared the questions, introduce the show and interview their classmates.
We hear interviews with:
(If you are listening in class, you could ask a partner the interview questions, then choose one or more of the speakers and note their answers.)
1. Do you use make-up? If yes, how often? How much time do you spend on it?
2. Who taught you to use make-up?
3. Do you think make-up is good or bad for your skin? Why? Why not?
4. Do you prefer basic make-up or strong?
5. How do you think make-up could be considered as fake beauty? Why? Why not?
6. Could you completely change your appearance with make-up?
7. Could you date a boy who uses make-up?
1. What do you think about girls who use make-up? Do you prefer girls with make-up or without?
2. Can you tell when the girl is using make-up or not?
3. Have you ever used make-up?
4. Do you know that every man eats 3 kilos or more of make-up during his life only by kissing? Do you like it?
5. If the girl with whom you fell in love is ugly without make-up, what would you do?
6. Do you think is it acceptable for men to use make-up? Why? Why not? What about famous actors and pop stars?
This show was recorded in class, on group teacher, Geoff's, Apple MacBook Pro computer with the GarageBand app and a Samson Meteor Mic microphone. The GarageBand jingle used is Greasy Wheels. After editing in GarageBand and Audacity (for noise removal and deletion of unnecessary silence), the file was converted to MP3 format. The photo was edited in Pixelmator.
This show was produced at the Bardwell Road Adult Centre, St Clare's, Oxford, UK.
Add to Playlists